There is a plethora of options available in home décor for anybody looking for ideas to redo their house. With so many choices in paints, finishes, flooring, tiles, wallpapers or furniture, you could get utterly confused and unsure of what would suit your personal style and the kitchen you are creating.
Keeping yourself updated about the latest trends in kitchen materials can be helpful when you want to make customized choices for your own house, or want to know what to consider when selecting kitchen cabinets. By knowing what is in vogue, homeowners will not only understand what will look good in their kitchen, but will also comprehend what must not be done.
So, here are a few ways in which you can be well-versed with current kitchen trends.
- Go online
The world is at your fingertips on the Internet, and there is no dearth of kitchen décor related content. You could start following various social media pages on Instagram and Pinterest that provide information on trending styles, designs, and materials.
Many decorators, designers and architects also share information about these topics on their websites and blogs. You can also interact with the authors online and get your queries answered instantly.
- Get expert advice
You could also hire professional services or personally meet interior designers who can tell you more about kitchen materials that will suit your purpose. Whether you are looking for kitchen flooring, wall paint, or cabinetry, experts can guide you to understand the cost-effectiveness, durability and aesthetic appeal of the different materials available in the market.
- Personal experience
If you are too busy or do not want to spend a lot of resources on research, you could just take a look at the kitchens of your friends, relatives and neighbors, especially if any of them have recently built a new house or got any remodeling done. You will come to know of the latest styles and you can also ask them about their project to understand price, functionality and quality of the materials used.
Here is a quick guide for trending kitchen materials in 2020
- Natural construction materials such as brick, wood and stone are popular as they give an earthy and warm feel to the kitchen.
- Quartz is largely the chosen material for countertops as it is hard, anti-microbial and low maintenance.
- Dark colors are making a comeback instead of pale white kitchens. Dark tones like navy, black, emerald green, brown or plum give a rich feel to the kitchen and provide a bright pop of color. Otherwise, owing to a lot of steel and glass in the kitchen, the whole décor looks too plain.
- Pewter and gunmetal fixtures give your kitchen an elegant and sophisticated look as opposed to black or gold which could look too dull or too bright.
- Colored cabinets, instead of the usual white, cream or gray, are salient choices. If your kitchen walls and flooring are of a pale color, you can flip the lever for bright green, blue, or red cabinets to make the kitchen look more vibrant.